Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Gilding Flakes And A Secret

Whenever I create a project for Scrap n' Art magazine, I have to wait two months to share it anywhere else.  So here are some projects I could not share till now.

Stars
I used watercolor paper and lots of  Dylusions Crushed Grape spray with the Starry Night Stencil Girl stencil. On the chipboard and wood stars, I used IndigoBlu Mega Flake gilding flakes to add the sparkle.  I layered the photo with some Gelli Arts gelli prints that I already had, then used a star edge punch that didn't much like that thick watercolor paper.  Those punches came out really messy!!  I went with the "mess" and I really love how this one turned out!  Note:  My son HATES his picture taken and I really had to bribe him to get this one!!  So don't tell him about this blog post!!!!

Stars Detail

Stars Detail

Be Fearless started out as a fun journal page that needed something.  How about some of those IndigoBlu gilding flakes!!  So I applied the gilding glue through a Crafter's Workship circle stencil then applied the flakes.  Check out my IndigoBlu Mega-Flake tutorial this month in Scrap n' Art magazine.  

"Be Fearless" Before Gilding Flakes

"Be Fearless" After Gilding Flakes
I used the Stencil Girl Uplifting Words stencil to bring out some of the words with a black pen, then added the quote on the left page. The sparkle took this page to the next level!



Hope you enjoyed my projects!  I would love to read your comment below, so don't be shy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment