Thursday, April 17, 2014

Twinkling H2Os





The other day something prompted me to get out my much neglected LuminArte Twinkling H2Os, which are watercolors with shimmer.


I made the following two Easter cards using those little pots of shimmery goodness!





I used nice sturdy watercolor paper. 


I sprayed the paper with water then added the H2Os and let them kind of bleed together. My paint brush barely touches the paper.


Mostly I let them air dry but sometimes I can direct the colors by using my heat tool.  I also use similar colors together, then dry them before I add complementary colors (orange and blue, red and green, yellow and violet) so as not to make a muddy mess.


I wish you could see the shimmer that they create!  



I wanted to contrast the bright colors with simple white die-cuts made using my Silhouette Cameo and stamped sentiments.  Here are a few more...........




Now go get your watercolors out and see what you can create!  I love comments so don't be shy!  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment