Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Inspiration Is Everywhere

It seems I can't make a scrapbook page without modeling paste and stencils these days!!!  I used my favorites on this page:  watercolor paper, modeling paste, The Crafter's Workshop  Subway stencil,  Golden acrylic paints and homemade sprays, stamping, some random painted tags, and black fiber.


When I found this tag in my homemade stash, it was definitely serendipity.   

I wanted the layout to be a bit grungy, like the subway.
I hope you can really see the raised areas I created using the stencil and modeling paste.
I ran my Archival ink pad over them to really highlight them.

I also added the "graffiti" stamping to add more texture to the background.
I used a Cover-A-Card large, square stamp that looked like graffiti with black Archival ink.  

 When I do this technique, I don't have to add much else to the layout. I love the process of creating all those vibrant colors and patterns from a simple white piece of watercolor paper.  It's so much more enjoyable to me than buying matching pattern paper, stickers, and embellishments, then trying to figure out how to put it all together with my photos.  I guess you could say that my "muse" is the photo in this process. I'd love to hear from other scrapbookers and mixed media artists about what inspires you to create a certain layout or project. I love reading your comments, so don't be shy!!!

I entered this layout in the Boy Meets Girl Scrapbook Challenge Blog and here is the link:

 Thanks for visiting my blog!  

9 comments:

  1. awesome job with the challenge, love the texture you used. thanks for joining us at Boy Meets Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fantastic background you have created! Love the black fibre around the photo! Thanks for joining us at BMG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully done! Love the yummy textured background. Thanks for playing along with us at Boy Meets Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing page. The textures are amazing. Thanks for playing at BMG.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page! Love your background work. Thanks for joining us at BMG.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an awesome page. Love the texture and I know what you mean - stencils and modelling paste - how did we scrap without them!!! Well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great take on the challenge...all the varying textures and colors are very cool! Thank you for participating at Boy Meets Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this layout, fantastic take on the challenge. The colours are so vibrant and the textures are amazing. Thanks for joining us at BMG

    ReplyDelete