Saturday, January 7, 2017

Artist Collaboration Challenge: Iceland

I recently joined an artist collaboration challenge with the inspiration being the Northern Lights, or Aurora Borealis in Iceland.

Aurora Borealis Challenge-Encaustic 
I recently started dabbling with encaustic, or wax, painting and thought that the nature of this medium would work well with this subject.  I love how the wax swirls when heated, especially when color is added. I added splatters of yellow at the end and love what it did when heated. 

Here is one of the inspiration photos of the Northern Lights and WOW!  Isn't is beautiful?
Aurora Borealis, Iceland

Never thought about Iceland as a vacation destination, but how beautiful is that?
I hope that someday I will see them in real life! 

To see the other artists' interpretations go HERE or HERE.

Thanks for visiting, today!
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment