Saturday, February 23, 2013

Tattered floral challenge

I  have 3 or 4 blogs that I check regularly and always find lots of inspiring projects or tutorials that help kick start my creativity.  Tonight, I checked Tim Holtz's blog and found a tutorial using the new Distress Paints and the Tattered Flowers Sizzix Die, which cuts 4 different sized and shaped flowers.  Here is the link:  http://timholtz.com/tattered-floral-challenge/.  I rarely have most of the supplies to make his projects, but I just purchased a few of the Distress Paints last weekend and had not opened them.  So I broke out the Vagabond and grungeboard and here is what i came up with:

I love the bright colors and really don't want to layer them and cover up all that beautiful color. I had another incentive for entering this challenge; Tim is giving away $100, so wish me luck! 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely project! Great use of the distress paints! Good luck with your new blog Kathy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the first person I don't know to comment on my blog. Thank you so much for your kind words! I visited your blog and will definitely be a regular.

      Delete
  2. Oh...LOVE your pretty combo of colors! I can relate to not wanting to cover them all up when you layer them. Have fun with your blog! Even though I don't post in mine every day, I love having my little slice of the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks AMAZING! I saw your flowers on the Tim Holtz blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers Kathy!! Loving the vibrancy of Tim's paints, and your flowers reflect that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't blame you not wanting to cover up the wonderful color. They look great.

    Take a peek at my Tattered Floral entries:
    Rose Box - http://eridoodle.blogspot.com/2013/03/tattered-florals-vintage-rose-box.html
    and
    Lunch Bag rose - http://eridoodle.blogspot.com/2013/02/tim-holtz-tattered-florals-die-challenge.html

    Best of luck in the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals challenge.
    -Pam

    ReplyDelete